Did Ritz miss an issue? I am wondering why there isn’t any news on the Saki front.
That said. I’ve have a “productive” gaming week. Mostly because my commute got longer and thus more time to play hearthstone while on the bus. So much so that I’ve reached my rank 5 target early. Usually, I reached that at the end of the month. So yey!
To celebrate, I’ve decided to put a little collection of hearthstone puzzle taken from various streamers and user posts. This ones are a bit on the easy side. ^^
Hearthstone Puzzle #1.1
This puzzle was submitted by Brorandy from a match of his. As you can see, Rogue has board control but has a low health. Considering the opponent is more than likely Aggro Warrior, the next turn could be Rogue’s last. Thankfully, we have lethal. Can you spot it?
- Sir Finley Mrrgglton (1) 1/3 – Battlecry: Discover a new basic Hero Power
- SI:7 (3) 3/3 – Combo: Deal 2 Damage
- Dark Iron Skulker (5) 4/2 – Deal 2 Damage to all undamaged minions
- Sunfury Protector (2) 2/3 – Battlecry: Give adjacent minion taunt
- Shadowstep (0) – Return a friendly minion to your hand it cost (2) less
- Grommash Hellscream (8) 4/9 – Charge; Enrage:+6 Attack
- Abomination (5) 4/4 – Taunt; Deathrattle: Deal 2 damage to all characters
- Dirty Rat (2) 2/6 – Your opponent summon a random minion from their hand.
[su_spoiler title=”Answer to Puzzle #1″]
- Attack the face with all your minions. [20 health -(3+4+2)] = 11 health
- Attack with your weapon. [11 health – 1] = 10 health
- 0 mana used – Use shadowstep to return SI:7 to your hand. SI:7 now cost 1 mana
- 8 mana used – Put Grommash Hellscream on board.
- 9 mana used – Put SI:7 back on board. Use combo ability to do 2 damage to Grommash Hellscream to activate enrage +6 attack
- Grommash is now 10/9. Charge! [10 health – 10] = 0
- You win!
Hearthstone Puzzle #1.2
Another fun lethal puzzle, this time submitted EstroncioSr from one of his arena match. You have no board this time but your opponent only has 8 health. Can you see the lethal?
- Spiked Hogrider (5) 5/5 – Battlecry: If an enemy minion has taunt gain Charge
- Dragonhawk Rider (3) 3/3 – Inspire: Gain Windfury this turn
- Naga Sea Witch (5) 5/5 – Your cast cost (5)
- Pint-Size Potion (1) x 2 – Give all enemy minion -2 attack this turn only.
- Shadow Madness – (4) Gain control of an enemy minion with 3 or less attack until the end of turn.
- Boneguard Lieutenant (1) – Inspire: Gain +1 health
- Lantern of Power (10) : Give a minon +10/+10
- Shadow Word: Pain (2) – Destroy a minion with 3 or less attack
[su_spoiler title=”Answer to Puzzle #1.2″]
- 1 mana used – Cast Pint-Size Potion to reduce all enemy minions attack by 2.
- 5 mana used – Cast Shadow Madness and gain control of Naga Sea Witch who is now only 3/5. Due to Naga Sea Witch all the card in your hand now cost 5 mana.
- 10 mana used – Buff Naga Sea Witch using Lantern of Power for 13/15.
- Attack face using Naga Sea Witch. (8 health – 13 attack) = -5
Hearthstone Puzzle #1.3
Anyway, let’s try something harder. This one is from Toast’s stream. As you can see Shaman has a very good board, high health and has a taunt on top of that. In contrast, priest only have one minion. Beside that, you only have 7 mana, this time.
Can you spot the lethal?
Your opponent’s minion:
- Scaled Nightmare (6) 4/8 – At the start of your turn, double this minion’s attack.
- Ancient Harbringer (6) 4/6 – At the start of your turn, put a 10 cost minion from your deck into your hand.
- Mana Tide Totem (3) 0/3 – At the end of your turn, draw a card.
- Healing Totem (0) 0/2 – At the end of your turn, restore 1 health to all friendly minions.
- Thing from Below (6) 5/5 – Taunt: Cost 1 less for each totem you’ve summoned in game.
- Priest of the Feast (4) 3/9 – Whenever you cast a spell. Restore 3 health to a hero.
- Djinni of Zephyrs (5) 4/6 – After you cast a spell on a friendly minion, cast a copy of it on this one.
- Divine Spirit (2) – Double a minion’s health.
- Potion of Madness (1) – Gain control of an enemy minion with 2 or less attack until end of turn.
- Pint Sized Potion (1) x 2 – Give all enemy minions -3 attack this turn only.
- Confuse (2) – Swap the attack and health of all minions
- Priest of the Feast (6) 3/6 – Whenever you cast a spell. Restore 3 health to a hero.
- Auchenai Soulpriest (4) 3/5 – Your card and powers that restore health now deal damage instead.
[su_spoiler title=”Answer to Puzzle #1.3″]
- 1 mana used – Pint Sized Potion
- 2 mana used – Potion of Madness to get Scaled Nightmare which has been reduced to 2/8.
- 4 mana used – Use Divine spirit on Priest of the Feast to double its health turning it into 3/18
- 6 mana used – Swap the attack and health of all minions. You now have scaled nightmare 8/2 and Priest of the feast at 18/3
- Attack face. 26 – 26 = 0
If you want to see the video of this play, you can look at the youtube mirror here.